Friday, November 20, 2015

Why reinvent the wheel? Great free resources available from the LRCs


I've heard of the National Foreign Language Resource Centers (NFLRCs) for years, and I knew they had "stuff" to offer. I also knew there were several LRCs around with various specialties. Well, today I went to an ACTFL session highlighting the free resources available, and I was blown away.

The great part about his session is that it really condenses into one simple idea: go to www.nflrc.org and search for anything you want!

They have a searchable database of resources produced by the 16 different LRCs over the last 20 years or so. They have classroom resources, teacher training materials, even how-to's for running international events on campus. The resources also span all ages and nearly any languages you would imagine teaching.

1 comment: